The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2012-08-24

Hey Hamilton!

hamilton

(A Hamilton sunset, a quick unfiltered snap from my iPhone while out on a run.)

This post is kind of old news by now but I am the queen of old news. At least I am now that I stopped reading Perez Hilton... Did you know Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman broke up? Mind blasting...

Anyways, a few weeks back I read on twitter that Hamilton (that's my city yo!) had been named the 4th worst dressed city in the world. I did the mature thing and tweeted back with something snarky. Then I wrote a more thorough response for CBC Hamilton and then I responded again in a short video for The Spec. I feel as if I have by now officially beat the dead horse on that subject. Nevertheless, it was fun to write a piece for CBC and to see that I don't look too nonplussed or sweaty* in the video, even though I feel like my mind went a little blank.

*It should be noted that the upward camera angle used for a few seconds in the video is not my friend...

16 comments :

Greetings from Texas! said...

Haha!! Loved it!

Betsy said...

Atta girl! Always defend your hometown!

www.suspironews.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I think you were great. It's sad to read about someone being so negative when he didn't even take the time to do any thorough research.

http://curlyhaircurlyperson.wordpress.com

A Fine Balance said...

I loved your response particularly your great snappy comebacks!

"ironing my husbands Khaki pants..." hehehe

www.thefinebalance.net

Emily said...

LOOK AT YOU!
You tell them Yen! Was I under a rock while this happened? I didn't even know about you being a famous write for CBC and having your own cable television show.

But good job. There is at least 2 Hammies who dress well. you and julie. that's like 20% of the town population, no?

Please don't hurt me, i love you.

brynn said...

I love what you had to say in defense of Hamilton's fashion. very well written! Also, that angle is nobody's friend.

Simply Bike said...

You rock!! Where were you in my life when I lived in Hamilton? Seriously! I love the response to wrote and loved that you took things personally. Someone lay the smackdown on Htown? It is personal! And he's not even FROM there.

Well done!
S.

Hazel said...

Got to love the girls from the Hammer
LOL .

Theresa said...

It's hard not to feel the need to respond. I honestly felt that way about a post you did about mommy bloggers and headbands. I've been going to thrift stores for 20 years( back when it was not cool) and if I let others opinions get to me I may have stopped many years ago. There was a time when if you told someone you shopped thrift you got the look of eeewww, and some comments. Now you say thrift and it Is oh which ones do you go to. My point is you can not let it get to you. Keep thrifting and let the world know your style.

Amber of Butane Anvil said...

You tell 'em, Jentine! Great responses.

violetpretty said...

LOVED your written and video pieces Yen! Tell that moron off. Wth, microfibre ties, really?!

GFS said...

I smiled proudly as I read and watched your rebuttal! Rebellion is in our genes and jeans, ey???

Reaching out my Texas arms to hug you... Let me know when you feel my embrace in Hamilton;)

Kendall said...

haha good for you! I love that picture, I can't believe it is in Hamilton, it looks like somewhere in Europe :)
xo K
www.lilieslattesandlace.com

Emma said...


That video is actually how I found your blog! Stylish Hamiltonians unite!

Chilel Aissitou said...

am proud of you for defenging your city. This guy does not know what the hell he is talking about!!!You go girl!

lisahannam said...

You sound and look great in the video (we're all our worst critics, no?). Nice column, too!