The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2012-06-11

Sheer Effort

hem5
hem9
hem6
hem11
hem7
hem4

Skirt? Thrifted Shoes? DvF (here, can only find expensive link) Tank? VS (here) Clutch? Thrifted
Necklaces? J. Crew and thrifted Bracelets? All over

It was my intention to go garage saling this weekend. I had a free morning and I was ready to go.
I grew up going every second Saturday. One week, my oldest brother and I would go with our parents (in the big brown station wagon of classiness...) and the next Saturday, we would stay home and babysit our little brother.  Years later I discovered that sleeping in on a Saturday morning is the most wonderful thing of life and the garage sales took a backseat to not setting an alarm.
But I know full well how much good stuff is out there and how cheaply it can be had when people don't want to schlep the contents of their garage sale back into the house at noon. Lately I've been feeling the twinge of missing out on all kinds of good stuff and so, it was with determination, that I set my alarm.
When I woke up Saturday morning, it was pouring rain. I went back to bed. I made an honest effort but the weather obviously knew I needed my sleep. There's always next Saturday. And as long as thrift store are selling silk sequin skirts with beaded hems, I'm pretty preoccupied...

26 comments :

Tinacious Me said...

really cute lacy skirt!
www.Tinacious.Me

Natasha Fatah said...

That skirt is incredible!
Just love it!!

xoxo
~Natasha Fatah~
~Natasha Fatah~

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

This skirts detailing is absolutely amazing and it looks stunning on you! x

Anonymous said...

In my country we have a saying, don't act against the spirit of mother nature. When it rains, it's better go back to sleep :)
Anw, love the skirt. It looks great on you.
www.taramani.wordpress.com

D said...

That is an amazing skirt. Your thrift store fills me with jealousy.

Kastles said...

Umm gorgeous finds! You look amazing! And I hear Saturday mornings are perfect for sleeping in! I'll give you an "A" for effort :)
<3 Kastles

amanda said...

i can't tell you just how much i'm diggin this. but it's a lot. and i loved the story :)

Unknown said...

Love the skirt and the shoes!

April said...

Such a beautiful skirt!!! I do enjoy garage sales, too...but compared to the thrift store, they're so much more work! Next weekend I'm planning on going to the flea market...at least lots of vendors will be in the same spot.

Please may I? said...

That skirt is amazing hun.

X x

Unknown said...

That skirt is ridiculously amazing!!

Frannie Pantz said...

Sleep on sister. Sleep on. It'll be at their next driveway schlepping. And in the mean time, this skirt is FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC.

Elissa said...

That skirt is fricking amazing. And I love how you styled it. Leave the garage sales to the crazies who someone manager to drag themselves out of bed early on the weekend. Thrift stores clearly love you.

Stella said...

Love that fourth slightly overhead shot! I always go garage sale/fleamarketing with mom on the weekends I'm visiting my parents. Even if I don't buy anything, I just like hanging out with her.

Secondhand Stella said...

OMG, I hate you ;) That skirt is amazing!!!!

Hannah Nelson said...

SO good lookin'
Love the way you styled this skirt. (& everyone else seems to love it too)

xo myrunawaystyle.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This outfit is SO amazing! Those shoes are probably my favorite!

Oh garage saling; it is probably the only thing that I will wake up early for on a Saturday morning. My mom and older brother go with me; it is so much fun! I got an AMAZING sequined sweater in a free box. It was a good Saturday morning.

Good luck on your yardsaling adventures!
xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I adore your outfit here! Stunning skirt! http://www.natalyascloset.com

Jessica Broyles said...

Seriously, that skirt was thrifted?! I need your help! ;)

You look so pretty, and I love the necklaces!

www.highheelstosneakers.com

Hannah @ Tattoos and Pearls said...

This outfit just killed me. I can't even. The slouchy tank with the sheer skirt is so perfect. On fire, Jentine!

Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

Sara said...

thanks for the tank top link, it´s the perect top I was looking for my leather skirt, it will be really cool.

Vang said...

Gorgeous! Love the sequin skirt! The sun light is very pretty in these photos.

compradora anonima said...

great skirt

Leslie aka "MissusSmartyPants" said...

Totally jealous! That skirt is awesome!

Urban Jungle Fashion said...

You did a fantastic job pairing a heavily embellished skirt with simple strappy shoes.

Sarah said...

Beautiful skirt!!