The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2012-03-14

Cheap and Charming

shirt5
shirt6
shirt2
shirt3
shirt7

Silk shirt? Jessica Holbrook, thrifted (similar here) Jeans? 7 for all Mankind (here) Shoes? L'attitude, Winners Cuff? Goodwill auction

I got this silk shirt in Texas for $2.40... I had a rather limited suitcase situation so I had to think carefully about what I was buying to bring back. Against the advise of others, I put back the purple suede skirt I had in my hands and took this oversized shirt instead. I was partial to the shirt's charms. Undoubtedly, this shirt lived its early life on the pages of the Sears catalogue, but once the shoulder pads were removed, it got a new identity. The intention was to take this mom shirt and make it modern. The good news for you is that I am so enamoured  with this shirt that I will leave the mom jeans alone for now... It's good news for me too because mom jeans make my butt look a foot and a half long. 

23 comments :

Unknown said...

Girl, you look amazing!!! I'm loving that shirt. :)

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

D said...

The pattern on that shirt is gorgeous! And silk? I would have snapped it up too!

Dylana Suarez said...

That blouse is gorgeous!

xoxo,

colormenana.blogspot.com

danielle and dinosaur toes said...

this outfit is amazing, and i think it's all because of that shirt!

Thrifted Shift said...

The blouse is great, but those shoes are amazing!
--TS

Melina said...

loving this whole look. what a steal with that blouse! and the taupe shoes complement it nicely

-Melina
The Caffeinated Closet

Joanne M said...

oh, the suede skirt! That was a goodie but this is a pretty stellar blouse. Good trade!

Please may I? said...

Yet again a great buy, it looks great on you.

X x

Emily {tomorrow never knows} said...

Can I make a crack about how you are also cheap and charming?

And yes, she's a keeper (you or the shirt? I won't say)

Don't you love my cryptic comments at 9am? Yes you do

Sofia H. said...

Woohoo lady. Love the thrift find.

WendyB said...

That shirt would have fit in nicely in my Huffington Post piece on sheer clothing! Darn. You should email me with pix if you have anything for my next story on neon and pastel.

Natasha Fatah said...

I have that bracelet! My mother picked up in Pakistan! :)

xoxo
www.natashafatah.blogspot.com

Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen said...

I think that blouse is a great score... and love the pedi version of one contrast colored nail!

Anonymous said...

love your shoes... knockout!

Unknown said...

You look lovely and What a great find!

Unknown said...

Awww you left that purple suede skirt? It was so amazing, but this shirt is beautiful too!!

Anonymous said...

While the shirt is good, the CUFF is amazing. Is that some sort of bone?

Ellie319 said...

Where in Texas were you? I am an Austinite (and Canadian) and I would LOVE to know what thrift stores you visited and which ones were your favs!

Our Sophisticated Planet said...

Awesome shoes and silk top! Love the print. I JUST bought a cuff like that from F21 and it broke the first day I wore it...saddddday.
Delaney
xx

Jennifer said...

The details on your shoes are so pretty!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Katherine said...

There's nothing like a good shoulder pad removal to bring a shirt into the right decade. The print is absolutely gorgeous!

Ali said...

Those shoes are amazing!!

http://everydayali.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

really great advertising point and this well opportunity for popular our brand and if you need this type of the per motion we are also provide link here cheap

business advertising