The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2011-06-12

Spring Edition

spring4spring3spring2spring1


Dress? Gap Shoes? French Connection warehouse sale Vest? Thrifted Belt? Thrifted Purse? Winners


We took these pictures last weekend before things got a little intense around My Edit (yeah, that's what my family calls me now... as they should). If things had been posted in chronological order as had been intended, you might have noticed that I wore my vest two days in a row. Kendi would be a proud mama. And while making Kendi proud is a daily ambition of mine, I actually threw this last minute when Matt saw that a button hole from the vintage dress that was holding me together was shredded. This vest has been a good addition in my life and it was worth every cent of the 450 pennies that spent on it and not candy (though my 7 year old self would disagree). It actually came with a skirt too but while the vest is a perfect fit, the skirt would fit just one of my thighs. I am hardly exaggerating with that statement... it's the oddest thing. I should have taken a picture but it would have been hard to keep the photo family friendly... and I have already donated the skirt back.


And as we are speaking of odd, let me mention the spring, which went from horribly miserable to summer in an instant. This gave us a very small window of opportunity to get my spring catwalk pictures under the tree canopy at Dundurn Castle. One week, there were hardly buds on the trees and the next week we had leaves. We had a chance to quickly shoot some pics last weekend while it still looked like spring and I almost chickened out because there were some people in a Ikea mosquito net with balloons (this sounds wrong, I'm sure it was ok) getting pictures taken in the same area. I'm glad we got the picture though... else I would have had to photoshop something and with my skillzzz that would have looked like this on Regretsy.


spring6


(autumn and winter posts here and here)

27 comments :

Secondhand Stella said...

Love that vest!!!

Anonymous said...

i love those shoes!

jenn from midlife modern said...

Good Lawd! You look simply stunning in these photos! Royal blue is definitely your color.

The Purse-a-holic said...

Love the table hopping lol, are you the drunk girl at the party who always climb on top of the table :-)

Very cute dress and vest!

Anonymous said...

More impressive would be doing the photo shoot during high volume picnic time frames. Go for the live audience!

Anonymous said...

I am 99.9% positive you are wearing the same dress as Michelle Obama:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2002871/From-designer-mainstream-Michelle-Obama-steps-30-Gap-dress.html

*Please ignore the extremely ridiculous source, The Daily Mail.

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

i'm glad you risked life, limb, and public humiliation to get these photos. they are terrific.
same in illinois re: spring, as in there really isn't any. it goes from warm winter (40 degrees) to cool summer (85 degrees) within...oh...a day.

Laura said...

I'm happy to see this combo (dress + vest) I wanted to wear a jacket with cap sleeves over a dress with cap sleeves and the dress sleeves are longer than the jacket...i chickened out. I will next time!

Kate said...

Oh so pretty, you are! I love the seasonal catwalk photos! And I love that vest! Why don't I own a vest?

kelsey williams said...

you look so pretty! best hair day ever?

Frannie Pantz said...

I am with you on two statements-one, any chance to make Kendi proud is a good one and two, I am beginning to think Colorado has two seasons-bitter cold icy snowy beeee-atch and hot sweltering face melting dessert. Technically, it is still spring anyhow, so I think this is great. I love the vest and have been scouring the face of, well, my square state to get my greedy grubby paws on one.

Unknown said...

you are so pretty! i love that vest layered over top!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Anonymous said...

I love the print mix, clutch and dress being so different work fab together, the shoes are awesome!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

Anonymous said...

Really cute outfit and I love your dress!! I actually have that dress and wore it last friday. It's great to see it styled a different way so I may try a vest next time.

Anonymous said...

I love comparing the photos from each season. Is that a really long picnic table?

I've bought things in sets myself and later thrift one piece back. Admiring the vest.

The Semi Sweet said...

You and your gorgeous picnic table photos are fantastic!! I'm glad you were able to get them!

And now you are making me wish I could redo my whole wedding so I could take ridiculous photos like those! Holy Crap, were they insane? Or just geniuses! LOL!!

Jamie - Thrifty Threads said...

Love the contrast between the bright print and neutral vest. And it was thrifted too? Perfect! This look reminds me a bit of Michael Kors. You look gorgeous!

Lauren said...

my edit is right next to the Mrs O blog in my rss reader... Michelle Obama just wore the same Gap dress... http://mrs-o.org/newdata/2011/6/10/weekend-chic.html

Melissa said...

You look gorgeous! The vest is a great find.

And I'm in love with the seasonal catwalk shots!

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

What a cool dress! And the location looks great in any season :)

C said...

YAY FOR PICNIC-TABLE-CATWALK!

Sidewalk Chic said...

Yay, the picnic table is back! Love the dress/vest combo! :)

Anonymous said...

That website is all kinds of odd.

Anonymous said...

Regretsy of course, not My Edit. I don't want to regretsy my comment.

Oh awesome, you just saw the written transformation from young adult to old lady.

Cristina Porter said...

cute dress! michelle obama wore it too!

Anonymous said...

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/michelle-obama-wears-29-gap-dress-2496379/

Anastasia from Natbeesfashion said...

Blue is definitely YOUR colour!
It matches perfectly with your eyes :-)
I am following you, return love back?
x