The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2010-10-03

Loose Ends

I can tell I'm a little overworked and stressed lately because the blood in my veins has been replaced with Diet Coke. For some reason when I feel frantic I drink way too much of the good/bad stuff*. I am such a healthy specimen running off aspartame and caffeine... And yes Mom, I know that it's terrible for me. In three to four weeks, when things calm down, you have my permission to begin the nag assault.

Just want to mention a few things that I've let slide lately...
#1. I picked a winner for the Crazy Lady Bracelet giveaway (if you are a new reader, obviously this giveaway is closed but the funny story is worth reading here...)! Emily from tomorrowneverknowsfashion, you are officially the newest member of the Sisterhood of the Crazy Lady Bracelets. Other members include myself, my friends Maria, Elisha, Linda, Dorothy, my Mom... and that's when it gets weird.... my Mom is in my sisterhood? Sounds like a TLC show... anyways... the point is, Emily... email me!
#2. The ladies from In Professional Fashion recently had a Wonder Woman Pose Conference (you know, a fashion bloggers 2nd favourite pose... after the pigeon toe stance with a side glance...). I looked through my Picasa for an unintentional WW pose... and I was surprised to find quite a few. But the picture I submitted is quite a doozy... you should check it out here. I wish I could pretend I was mid-pose or something but I actually think I was trying really hard to look ridiculously cool.
#3. I was pretty excited to see that Jessica from What I Wore featured me last week. It would be nerdy to admit that when I saw the feature, I got nervous about the exposure and I had random WIW dreams that night, right? So, I won't admit to it... instead we shall pretend that the poor sleep was the result of too much Diet Coke, ok?

kyleandmatt

And because a post isn't complete without a picture, I will overwhelm you with the cuteness of Matt and Kyle cuddling. Matt wanted me to mention that Kyle jumps up on him to cuddle... And I want you to know that even after three years this sight still makes me jealous.

*I drink Diet Coke in addition to a balanced diet. This isn't a cigarettes and Diet Coke kind of stress...

9 comments :

Nadine said...

Oh my lord, you are SO CUTE with your Diet Coke and your balanced diet and your actual measuring cups . .

Sarah said...

You're a star, so cool that you were on WIW, when you make it big still be my friend please. Ha ha love the superwoman pose even if you didn't include a unitard in the picture.

*** My word verification says winesuc....I don't know if this is a subliminal message.

Lauren said...

I saw you on WIW congrats!!

Lauren
Sparrow & Urchin

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

Congrats on the feature! Sweet! And of course to the winner of that fab ;) bracelet.

Sweet wall-paper, btw.

A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

20 YORK STREET said...

I saw the post and it was fantastic!

p.s. went to Winners today and learned a valuable lesson, DO NOT bring the boyfriend - you end up buying - NADA!

besos,

ML
20 YORK STREET

Sidewalk Chic said...

Aww, I know the Diet Coke Diet well(though mine is usually Coke Zero). Hope things calm down for you in a bit...


I got so excited when I saw you on WIW! You're a star!

Linda said...

Still killing myself over the Wonder Woman thing.
Tell Matt to cal me sometime ;).

Academic Writer (a.k.a. A-Dubs) said...

'Saw you on WIW and thought, "Ha! I already knew she's awesome. WIW's behind the 8-ball." But congrats on the much-deserved NYC exposure!

Also, thanks for the wonder woman conference shout-out. Your pose is definitely VERY cool.

thatdamngreendress said...

hilarious WW posing...

and heh...since our cat cuddled exclusively with the BF, I eventually prevailed and got my own 24 pound mama's boy kitty. victory.

(my word verification today is witypoo...!)