My friends and I bought tickets to the Lilith Fair July show back in March. I envisioned strutting around in the sunshine in a strapless dress and sandals (to fill in work tanlines) on a lazy Saturday and finishing the night by releasing my teenage angst to Kelly Clarkson. It didn't quite go as planned. I've been really busy so I missed the day portion of the show, but that didn't matter because it rained most of the day anyways. It's not as fun to dress for a muggy but rainy day. I settled for cotton jersey and a hat; function and fashion. No tanlines were erased that day, though the hair was controlled.
Sadly we never got to rock out to Kelly Clarkson. Lilith has been having some slow ticket sales (though not in Toronto, the show was almost sold out), so they cancelled some of her dates and then she pulled out of the whole tour. She was replaced with The Dixie Chicks Minus the Loud One and Minus Any Songs I Know. Thankfully Chantal Kreviazuk, Lights (girl crush!), Mary J. Blige and Sarah McLachlan killed it. I am not really a huge Mary J. Blige fan but she had great energy with the crowd and I found myself happily singing along about no more drama or hatoration...
1. Proof that I went somewhere exciting.
2. I hate it when friends outdress me.
3. Might as well take some pictures if we're going to wait in line for pizza for an hour.
4. Proof I have real friends (as opposed to just peeps online...).
5. All the ladies singing together for the finale. But where was Mary J.?
6. Thinking about torturing my friends and making them take outfit pics... nah...too lazy.
7. Tsk, tsk... some people did not sign the recycling pledge...