The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2009-11-06

Tea With the Queen (not quite...)

charles outfit2

charles outfit3

charles outfit4
(Sorry, I couldn't choose pictures today... the night shots show that amazing sky and good detail but the day shots display the actual colours... nothing like some night time flash to mess with colours...)

Jacket? Patrizia Pepe, Winners (my fave EVER!)
Sweater? Zara
Pants? Zara
Boots? ?, Winners
Muff? vintage
Earrings? gifted


With my riding-inspired boots, my tweedy jacket and my ladylike fur muff, I felt like I was ready to meet some royalty... so I did...

charles2

Ok, I didn't actually meet them, I zoomed in for that shot but I didn't zoom for this picture...

charles1
...pretty close, right?

Prince Charles and his wife Camilla are currently on a Canadian tour and they stopped in our area this week. So, I took a day off work (yeah for work flexibility!) and my pops and I went to check out the excitement. I grew up reading Majesty magazines so it was neat to see Crown Prince in person. Apparently, it was a big deal that the royal couple broke from 'The Schedule' and took a few minutes out to meet and shake hands with the locals. Prince Charles went down the line away from us, while Camilla came towards us. Camilla was sweet and funny... but I really wanted to talk to Prince Charles. He visited Hamilton once before, MANY years ago and I was part of the huge children's choir that sang at his welcome celebration. Truth is, I should never sing in public and I have felt like I've owed him an apology ever since. Maybe next time, Charlie...

(p.s. a big thanks to the lovely Briannelee for the blog award. She's pretty and awesome. Pretty awesome, really... and best of all... it's her birthday (it's Saturday and technically this is posted on Friday but you guys should all be in bed and won't read until tomorrow... Happy Birthday!!! xo)

21 comments :

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

How cool to be so close to royalty...feels so antiquated, no? Love the muff and those boots--very luxe fall additions.

Unknown said...

That is so cool.

Elaine said...

First of all, I'm LOVING your muff! You look SO European chic!! Second of all, um....WHAT?!? You're basically royalty now!!! I can't believe how close you were in the second pic... You could've hugged her.


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

ALWAYS CHASING said...

The sky looks amazing!

Nadine said...

How awesome that you have a muff! Are you all wearing war-memorial poppies? (In NZ we wear ours in April.)

Style-Pursuit said...

Hey there! Just found your blog via LaMimi and need to say your style is really cute! :o)

x

Anonymous said...

neat! love your look, esp the jacket. wish i could go to winners!

Secondhand Stella said...

Awwwww,thanks!!!!

Love the outfit! The fur muff is so cute!

I love British Royalty. I want to be British...

;)

Dylana Suarez said...

You look awesome! Love your jacket!

colormenana.blogspot.com

Kyla said...

I want a muff! I want to meet the queen! Must move to Canada.

Orchid Grey said...

beautiful outfit and that's so cool you were so close to the royals!

Christen said...

I absolutely love that muff. I have wanted a muff for years and this one is perfect!

Linda said...

Hey Camilla! She's looking smart. Eww to Prince Charles though...you would have flirted with him anyways... ;)

kim said...

love the muff :)


Clothes Are Cute

C said...

I can't believe you have a vintage fur muff. I bet Camilla was jealous.

Megan Wolf said...

wow this is pretty awesome! are you kidding?! your so close, even with the zoom! anyways, why are you better dressed than royalty here? they would have been jealous if they saw you for sure. I need to get me one of those vintage muffs, thats unbelievable. haven't seen one of those in years. pretty sure I had a white one as a little girl in chicago, and I used to wear it ALL the time. those things are the bomb dot com. ha. on another note, love the little twist in your hair, super cute.

xoxo

thediscerningfashionista.blogspot.com

Danielle said...

How cool!! Love your muff :)

Anonymous said...

You almost touched Camilla. Camilla has totally touched the Queen. Therefore, you almost touched the Queen!!! I am INFINITELY jealous!

Julia said...

I LOVE a muff. You look fabulous, and I've always had a sift spit for Prince Charles. Which probably makes me weird. Anyway, gorgeous first photo, especially. You always look beautiful!
xx
Julia

San Francisco Stylephile said...

Hair, jacket, boots, muff...gorgeous! I'm loving ALL of your recent outfits, and that flowy dress with the leopard print belt is perfection. Woot!

Anonymous said...

That poppy pin is beautiful. I will have to remember to wear one next year on Veteran's Day here in the U.S.!