The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2009-08-16

Wrong Way Right

burlap1



burlap2



burlap3


Dress? handmade (I think), thrifted
Belt? Roots, thrifted
Shoes? Derek Lam
Eelskin clutch? thrifted
Necklaces? thrifted and Cuba
Sunglasses? Iceberg, Winners
Earrings? vintage from parents

I think I'm wearing this dress the proper way. My mom says no. She thinks the buttoned flap side is the front. The design details don't really give a definite answer and there is no shaping for the bust, so it's any one's guess. All I know, is that with my glam glasses and vintage clutch, I felt a little old Hollywood and if I had worn this dress the other way around, I would have felt like a 12 year-old school girl.
I wore this crush of necklaces earlier this week when I deemed that a shirt I had on was showing too much cleavage for a Wednesday night. Might it have been different if it was Friday night...? Anyways, I threw on every necklace I could to disguise my tarty ways, and since then, I've been putting them with everything. Like my belt, you might say, as it once again makes an appearance...

21 comments :

Mary said...

Love love love that color palate-- fabulous necklaces!

Linda said...

I love the hair too...gotta love the humidity. I don't know how you can wear those necklaces in this heat.
Call me before Thursday please.

Anonymous said...

ooooh, i love the linen with the wood beads. the earth tones look really good. i definitely like how you wore the dress.

Secondhand Stella said...

Hahahahahahahahaha

I like the way you are wearing the dress and the necklaces are great!

Yes, Meaghan sent me a vintage velvet hairbow. Cannot wait to bust it out this winter.

Danielle said...

I love the necklaces!!!! So fabulous! and the dress looks great this way, def the way to wear it!

Kansas Couture said...

I adore those shades! So, so cool. And the dress looks great like that.

Anonymous said...

That dress is awesome! I love it the way you've worn it, especially with the piled-on necklaces. I love the cream and brown and white, then with that bright pop of teal.

E said...

This is a really cool dress! I love your necklaces with it! Very stylish!

Unknown said...

I say wear it both ways!

Unknown said...

love the clutch and the necklaces.
Like the way you are wearing the dress.

Eyeliah said...

I think it is such a cool unique dress, wear it both ways I say. It gives you more options.

Marie said...

Love the dress as you have it on- the other way would be quite prim and proper- and maybe in the winter with a turtleneck you'd be game for trying it that way too. Fab necklaces.

Milly said...

love the necklaces!

C said...

This outfit is beyond fabulous. You look SO. GOOD. I love that dress!!!

mariel said...

i agree with you...you wore it the right way. wish i could get one just like it!

Unknown said...

definately dig the way you're wearing it. LOVE LOVE LOVE...and look at those calves! :)

Kat said...

Hi there! The way you wear this dress seems perfect to me...love the abundant necklace as well!

Really love your header photo, too!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

You look lovely--I love that dress; so cool.

Sang said...

style, beautiful.
but i think it looks even better bc of the model!

Eva said...

This blew me away. Seriously.

I've never seen anything like it. This is style. :)

Holly Courtney said...

The way you are wearing the dress leaves the skirt opening in the back...at least that looks like an opening in the one picture. I like it your way :)