The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2009-08-04

A Summer in A Weekend

So... when I've been talking about how bad the weather is this summer, I'm not just trying to make polite conversation. Last weekend ( a long weekend!) was probably the only weekend all summer that was sunny and held temperatures above 20 degrees (I don't know what that is in Fahrenheit...). We've been so starved for a little sunshine and good times that I think we tried to cram an entire summer into a weekend. Ice cream on fresh, home-made waffle cones, bbq, bad tan lines (Matt burned the outline of his camping chair into his back), bbq, beach, scooping up the last adult sized beach towels at Walmart, bbq, walk along the pier, ice cream on pre-packaged cones, trying to find parking at the beach... you get the idea. Yes, three bbqs in three days! Sometimes you need a weekend to recover from a weekend... This was definitely Matt's idea of a great time...


bbq
Barbecue


daland1
Bocce and Beer.

I love this picture, I know it's a little cut-off but it's totally candid and Matt (right) and Paul (Linda's husband almost) look like they are in a boy band because they are so in sync... or is it 'N Sync? Hey Matt! It's your debut on my blog!!!




Babes in Bikinis...

...or not. Haha, no picture but my bikini top did have sequins on it. In a good way, I promise, not like Mariah Carey's scary sparkly bathing suit plus belly chain beach get-ups...

One of the bbqs was a get together with Linda and Paul for their upcoming wedding, and the whole wedding party just got to relax and eat too much food together. Clearly, Lin and I snuck off to get some outfit snaps by the maintenance tractor...


daland5
daland2
Sweater? h&m
Navy dress? James Perse, Holt's LC
Belt? Roots, thrifted
Sandals? an Indian import
Necklace as bracelet? Mom's (?)


daland4
daland3
Jersey dress? Joe Fresh
Plaid ruffle button-down? Ben Sherman, from work
Necklace +bracelet as necklace? from Paul
I think...

It was a great night only marred by a SPECTACULAR fall by moi, narrowly missing the food table. This was not a drunken stumble, this was a waxed floors combined with leather soles full-on wipe-out. You know when you get so embarrassed, you just want to cry but you can't, cause that will make it worse? Yep, that's how I felt. It's ok, my wrists and ego were a little bruised but nothing that some s'mores couldn't soothe later that evening...

13 comments :

Kyla said...

I'm laughing with you, not at you...I swear. You two look ridiculously cute in those pictures. You definitely put the boys to shame. Someone teach them to vogue :)

Linda said...

omg, I laugh, I cry. I laughed so hard I cried and...oh...is that pee on my chair?
I love your "oh my god I am so embarrassed" face, it is burned into my memory. No worries though enough people were boozed enough to not even notice....

C said...

Aw, sad falling story. Could have been worse, though (please reference my entire blog for examples of how to fall in an entirely disastrous way). Sounds like a faaabbbulous weekend though!! And of course, as usual, you look awesome.

Anonymous said...

what lovely pics and outfits. pretty weekend. don't feel bad about falling. two summers ago i was staying with a good friend at her bf's (who i barely knew) condo in ocean city, maryland and walked through a screen door knocking it off the track and onto the floor. talk about embarrassing. it all felt slow motion which added to the agony and embarrassment.

Secondhand Stella said...

I love the blue sundress and belt! It sounds like you had a really fun weekend :)

Unknown said...

great photos!! looks like a fantastic time

AsianCajuns said...

Aw! You guys all look great- and I love that the entire weekend was so summery for you guys! If you need some heat, you should come down to Atlanta for vacation- I'm pretty sure we won't dip to 20 degrees until after September.

Danielle said...

Aren't they good looking! Great pics on the tractor!!

Unknown said...

Fun time in HOT weather always takes a good beer!

The Queen of Hearts said...

I love the saturation in these pictures. They almost look as though they'd been painted.

Linda said...

Thats the beauty of "The Land"...lol

Nana Erin said...

You both look adorable!~

The other day at work I was climbing up on a chair to reach something in the top cabinet and I hit my head. HARD. On the cabinet door. ON THE CORNER. I have a bump. It was 3 days ago and it STILL HURTS. And I had to carry an ice pack around ON MY HEAD like a dumbo the rest of the day. Not awesome.

Unknown said...

Great pics! love the dress