The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2009-08-08

Pump up the Volume

plaid


plaid2

Plaid shirt? Zara
Jeans? People's Liberation, Holt's LC
Shoes? Jeffrey Campbell, Winners
Purse? Kate Spade, thrifted
Earrings? Erickson Beamon for Target
Cuff? Birch bark DIY

You know that your weekend is going to be awesome when you start Friday morning off by meandering into a wasps' nest and only getting 8 stings. Hey, when I saw size of the nest after the whole incident, I was really glad I only got 8! That said, wasps suck. I never saw it coming and they swarmed my face and arms and I ran out of the bushes screaming bloody murder. I like to think I'm pretty tough about crying (well, I'm an emotional wimp but I'm pretty good with pain...), but I bawled like a baby because it hurt so bad. AND I said a lot of bad words... very loudly. I thought I wouldn't have outfit pictures cause those suckers got me under and over my right eye but Benadryll works wonders and I looked normal enough to go out last night... It's weird though, yesterday I looked normal but today, even though I'm still taking Benadryll, I'm very itchy and swollen. My right eye is an unusual shape. Lovely.
Anyways, I survived and I even have an outfit post. I got this shirt two years ago and I've worn it .5 times (just one evening). I had some issues with the shape and I was convinced that the neckline made my butt look fat. Pretty sure that makes no sense... But I finally put it on again yesterday and fell back in love with the light chiffon, the odd coloured plaid and the ruffles. I think it deserves to be back in regular rotation. Sometimes it takes a while to fall in love...

11 comments :

C said...

DAAMMN that shirt is funky fresh!! (Yes, I just used the phrase "funky fresh" to describe a plaid blouse!

Anonymous said...

oooh, i love the top and your butt does not look big. i love everything about this look...the top, denim, accessories. you rock.

yikes, wasps do suck. i've been stung by them a time or two also. but not 8 at once! ouch!

lamandahugnkiss said...

I want a birch bark bracelet! I just love it!

Arushi Khosla said...

That top is sooo Fabulous. LOVE.

Secondhand Stella said...

Oh no! Hope you feel better!

Love the whole outfit :)

Linda said...

Way to be a warrior! You are pretty tough, until you see a sad puppy, then you melt like butter in the sun!

Elaine said...

I think you look amazing for being stung so many times... I am a wimp when it comes to physical pain....if that makes you feel better about it..hahah! And I love your outfit here!! The top, the rolled up jeans and the shoes....You look gorgeous!! Don't let those stings affect you!!
clothedmuch.blogspot.com

EmilyJane said...

Killer shoes!

stringandbuttons.blogspot.com

Academichic said...

Another absolute winner! I love this and will try to copy this some time in the future ;) You look fantastic! S.

Kansas Couture said...

Love the volume of the top and those amazing shoes!

Boutique Girl said...

Love the look!