The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2009-08-11

Havana Nights

Mcd2




mcD1



Tank? Alice and Olivia, Filene's Basement
Shorts? fcuk, Winners
Sandals? Dollhouse, Winners
Headband? Winners
Earrings? h&m
Bangles? assorted


I should start a weather blog as I seem to talk about it a lot... I wrote of how we had a pleasant summer weekend a while back but now we're actually having heat wave. And even though my house has no AC and when I was working on Linda's wedding dress, it literally was a sweatshop up in herrrrreee... I'll take it.

Shorty shorts and tanks are pretty much a teenage uniform and I am no longer a teenager. But when the weather is this hot, you let it slide. Besides there are three things that set me apart from the teenage crowd...

1. The deep wisdom in my eyes.

2. This tank ain't no Abercrombie, it's a pretty little silk number with the sweetest pleats that I need to wear more... (note to self...)

3. I thought I was pretty clever in referencing a fellow Dutchy, Piet Mondrian, with the choice of primary yellow, blue and red in my outfit. Yes, nothing like a little art history to class up an outfit.


The McDonald's fries decided to join me in the pictures because they matched and they were delicious.

14 comments :

Linda said...

Okay that car is hawt. Are you looking away to see if the owner saw you?
LOL!
Your gonna be in Europe soon and I'm gonna miss you.
BTW I saw this lady at yorkdale tonight...Black top, yellow skirt, same yellow coloured belt, yellow headband, yellow shoes, yellow necklace, yellow earrings and yellow bracelets. I called her bumble be and I wish I had brought the slr so I can turn my blog into "Ugly outfits Toronto" (referencing Ugly outfits NY). This is why I like your outfit because you know how to not match. UGH! I hate compulsive matchers..

C said...

Adorable. Hilarious. Pretty much perfect!!

Unknown said...

This is the best way I have seen 3 bright colors put together in one outfit.

Danielle said...

LOVE the yellow and red and love that tank!!

Kristin Joy said...

The light in the photos looks beautiful and I really like the outfit. I just got a yellow blouse from Roamans.

Marita Bliss said...

Love the colors of your outfit :D ! Those blue sandals rock.

WickedThrifty said...

nice primaries! cute cute blouse. love silk and frills. yay.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Love all the bright colors! Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Whose benz?

Boutique Girl said...

Great, great look!

Ms. Falcon said...

your style is so inspiring! (thanks for commenting. I didn't knew your beautiful blog before!!!)

gonna add your blog to my list of links...
maybe you like to add mine to yours?!

http://www.wardrobexperience.blogspot.com/

jenloveskev said...

haha this was quite funny to read. You dont look like a teenager you look great!! I love the art history reference!!
-jenloveskev

Elaine said...

Hahahahah, deep wisdom...tooooo funny!!! I'll have to use that next time.... ;) I love the primary colors you're rocking! And I'm SO glad you're not wearing abercrombie. Nothing says teenager like AF.
clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

oooh, i love the colors! you look great. i swear mcdonald's fries have crack in them.