The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2009-07-25

When It Rains, It Pours

So, if you've read my blog for a while (thank-you), it may seem like I attend a lot of showers. This is true. I'm kind of at the age where everyone is either getting married or having a baby and we're just celebrating.... This being said, I have thrown a lot of showers in the last few years and after a lingerie shower in September, I am going on sabbatical.
In the meantime....last night we had a shower for my friend 'D', who is expecting a baby in September. We threw the party in the beautiful backyard of 'S', and it was the perfect location for an evening tea party. Here are a few pictures...

shower dor

The lovely mama-to-be 'D'.

shower flowers

Centre-pieces. I used lots of old teacups and pots filled with flowers as decoration. Notice the cupcakes in the background. They were tasty delicious...

shower m

My biggest worries of the evening (besides do I have the games? the prizes? enough flowers? enough food? etc.) were the weather and that 'M' would go into labour. Somehow, we dodged the rainstorms and 'M' is still waiting to meet her little girl...

shower med


shower hil


shower me

A few shots of some of the fancy head wear. We need to start drinking tea in the clubs if that means that everyone will go out looking this sharp...

shower sugar

What is tea without sugar cubes that have flowers on them? Nothing. Actually I don't drink tea but if I did, I'd diva it up with these every day.

shower group

All in all, it really was a great evening. A sweet location, too much food, wonderful company and 'D' got spoiled. A success...
Well, it was a great evening until I got pulled over for having a headlight out ...really. I didn't have my license on me (it was in my work bag), I couldn't find my ownership (not in the glove box apparently but between the seats) and while I'm rooting through the glove box, $20 bills are flying around because I got money from people for gifts and I look like a total heat bag...
Th cop tried to be nice and told me to relax.... 'Sorry sir I'm all flustered, I can't find a single thing you've asked for, it's raining benjamins (or are those $100 bills, whatever...) and I'm so tired my contacts are burning unto my eyes...Would you like a leftover scone?'
No ticket in the end, so still a great night...

10 comments :

Daer0n said...

Everyone looked gorgeous and stylish, great photos too :)
Good to know you never got a ticket in the end from that cop, tickets suck!

C said...

This is a totally un-fashion-related comment, but you really are a great writer. Many of your posts leave me smiling, or even laughing out loud, from your little anecdotes and jokes!

Oh, and LOVELOVELOVE your hat! LOVE IT!

Marie said...

That was lovely! Love the hats and decorations. Wish I was invited! :)-

Linda said...

Not Benjamins....Queen Elizabeths are flying everywhere.
I liked the outfit!

Unknown said...

Thank heavens he was so nice and didn't site you for anything.

On a fashion note..I would love any excuse to pull out my pretty hats. And those sugar cube are precious.

Kansas Couture said...

Those ladylike hats are divine!

yiqin; said...

That hats are so stylish!!

Secondhand Stella said...

The party looked so pretty! I want an English Tea for my wedding shower... whenever I get married ;)

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Everyone looks so chic! The hats were such a great idea.

Unknown said...

goodness this is all so beautiful, love ur blog btw come visit www.lagelledailydose.blogspot.com