The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2009-07-21

This Chaos

I have a lot of sparkly things. I live in a little house. I am not the neatest person. This is why my accessories drawers were starting to look like this...

mess1


A little ashamed of myself, I took out the jewelry drawer and began to organize part of my collection. Soon the coffee table was full (OK, it was already partially covered from magazines and to-do lists... like I said, not so neat) and I was starting to put things on any surface, including my knees. Sigh, I love that bracelet with horseheads on it... so prep. And the one with green marbled stones was from a friend who pulled it out once while I was bitching about my weekend and I shut up. That's all it takes to get me to stop complaining... some sparkly stones. They are both from the same lady at a fair booth but the story behind them is so interesting, they deserve their own post...soon.

mess2


Finally organized. Looking at it, it doesn't seem so organized but I had a lot to fit into a little space and I know exactly where everything is. Glad I did this, I forgot about some of this stuff.

mess3


There is a story behind so many of these things... a little vintage, a little h&m, a little gifting...You can play I spy in my jewelry drawer...

Can you spot...
... the little cat pin that I wore pinned to a purple chenille sweater for church every Sunday when I was 11?
... the silver and black necklace with a front closure that my friend in Holland bought for me from h&m? this is before h&m ever came to Canada and I thought it was my little secret...
... all the fabulous brooches 'borrowed' from my parent's collection? Never mind, that's my secret. I hope they forget I have them....

mess4

Ugh, still need to organize the belt/glove drawer...

6 comments :

Secondhand Stella said...

My jewelry is starting to take over my apartment! I also need to get organized :)

Love the horse bracelet!

Elle Falconer said...

All of your accessories are so pretty! Very jealous.

Unknown said...

Love all those accessories! You are one lucky gal!

Linda said...

Hey, I can see the seashell bracelet I got you from Cuba. Hmm...never got myself one, meh...next time.

Diane said...

that reminds me...i really have to organize mine. my necklaces are a tangled mess. ugh...

Daer0n said...

And i thought i had a ton of jewelry, lol. That might look like a mess to you but it looks like jewerly wonderland to me, me eyes are popping out looking at all your gorgeous jewelry, everything looks so nice! :)