The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2009-07-19

Off The Wall

ungaro4



ungaro3



ungaro2



ungaro6



Skirt? Emanuel Ungaro, thrifted
Tee? Joe Fresh
Brown suede booties? Jeffrey Campbell, StyleSense
Brown suede quilted purse? Holt's, thrifted
Necklace? h&m
Bangle? thrifted
Sunglasses? Iceberg, Winners

It was too perfect when I discovered a random, abandoned (though maybe not...)building painted half blue... I knew it would work some colour wheel magic against my 'new' Ungaro skirt. This skirt fits perfect. I think it was made for me, it just had a few years detour in somebody else's closet first.
And yes, I know I've been wearing everything with plain tee's. Lots of things match with this skirt but nothing looks as fresh and popping as a plain tee against something something dressy. I will get over this soon. Actually, it got colder (and I spilled on my shirt) and so later I switched the top for a blue oxford type shirt and I liked that too. But my photographer was gone to visit his grandma and figuring out the timer on the camera seemed like too much work while Dateline was on...
I was bad and bought new booties. I've discovered that brown heels are possibly the best thing ever and take me out of the black heels humdrum. I thought ahead and got a pair that was comfortable (for heels) and will take me into the winter months. Way to plan...

16 comments :

Nicki said...

Hello =). Stumbled across your blog and I have to say that skirt is absolutely beautiful!

Linda said...

*thumbs up

C said...

I love the wall with your skirt! The colors are RAD! (yup, I said rad). I've totally been on a plain t-shirt kick lately too...they're flattering but always let the other piece of the ensemble shine. I love the clasp details on the skirt, too!

Kyla said...

Oh, that skirt! Oh, those heels! It's all so fabulous and I am all for a plain tee with EVERYTHING!

Secondhand Stella said...

This is one of my favorite outfits! Its perfect!

jenloveskev said...

the color of the skirt and that wall are so perfect- what a great photo!! I love that necklace! Great outfit!
-jenloveskev.com

Rachel H said...

love it. skirt, heels, perfecto. have i mentioned you're taking me shopping someday...we're family now, you have to ;)

Milly said...

nice...cute handbag and necklace!
i have the same shoes in black

Anonymous said...

I love the basic tee with this look - fantastic! And those shoes are to die for!

Nana Erin said...

That skirt is AMAZING.

Danielle said...

Ur looks are always such an inspiration to me! Love everything about this!!!

Thanks so much for your recent comment on my blog! It made me blush :) Thanks!!!

Linda said...

*throws cat at you.

Thats what you get for being such a good thrifter. Aug 1st you are taking me to Talize!

GFS said...

Those shoes are fire!

Linda said...

kendi sent me here today. and for good reason. this outfit is awesome sauce.

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

Great piece of 'accidential' colorblocking ^^ I just found your blog today and I love it! x

Anonymous said...

bape
supreme outlet
hermes outlet
golden goose
yeezy shoes