The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2009-04-18

Golf Etiquette

We worked beside a golf course today and since it's the first ridiculously nice day of the year, the greens were packed. I saw a lot of argyle and pleated front pants. Everyone looks so neat and put together. The Williams sisters brought down all the stereotypical dressing in tennis but no one has done the same for golf.
Well... until I stepped unto the golf course. I look back on these pictures from work tournaments last year and giggle. Technically, I followed all the rules of the course we were at that specific day (left: closed toe shoes, collared shirt, right: collared shirt, no running shoes, no jeans) but I still had to wear it my way. I do not have a lot of collared shirts or casual pants that are not denim or even closed-toe flats in my closet, so I just had to made it work. Shorty shorts, leopard print runners, cords and wellies... I'm doing for golf what the Williams sisters did for tennis. Except for the athletic ability part, it took me eight tries before I could tee off the first hole.


2 comments :

Linda said...

Ugh! Golf angers me on so many levels for so many various reasons...
GOLF...

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.